Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A New Year


Well, a new year is upon us. Irena and I are exhausted, having moved between Christmas and New Years. It took us a whole week. We are turtles when it comes to getting things done since having baby Noah.

In the midst of moving, I began to reflect on how many times I've had to move since starting DA. For a homebody like me, this has been a hard thing to do. I'm often reminded of Jesus description of himself when he said that 'foxes have holes and birds have nests but the son of man has nowhere to lay his head...'. Perhaps I have some kind of masochistic messianic complex.

On that note, I've always wanted to make a list (I LOVE lists) of all these places, and say thank you to everone who lent me thier couch to sleep on at some point. So here goes...
1.Grandma's house in South Surrey
2.The Wildings guest room, Bendigo, Australia
3.Maz's guest house, Bendigo, Australia
4.Steinbergers couch, Ladner
5.Matt Smiths' Attic, White Rock beach
6.Dan & Jolene's basement suite, White Rock beach
7.Pauline & Jeff Stewarts' guest room, South Surrey
8.Chris & Christine Arneys' guest room, Surrey
9.Lando & Kathy Klassens' basement suite, Abbotsford
10.Rosalyn & Fred McKays' sewing room, Surrey
11.Peace Portal Community church guest house, Zuingwai Hill, Mpigi, Uganda
12.Rosalyns' sewing room, (again)
13.Divina's house / Suubi Trade School, Mpigi, Uganda
14.Irena's basement suite, Vancouver
15.Peters' house, Mpigi, Uganda
16.Cerelina's condo, 9th floor, New Westminster
17.Jesse & Maries' basement suite, Fraser Heights, North Surrey

OK. Obviously I lost count a while ago - I thought it was a lot less than that. Crazy. This might explain the terrible longing I have for a true home base.

The pic of the day is of our great son Noah who is growing up rapidly. He now has two teeth and laughs histerically when I bounce him on my head... he was a little unsure of what to do about the big old guy with a funny red suit and white beard.

No comments: