Sunday, January 17, 2010

lunches for kids


hey - this is so cool I have to share it. We are planning to buy school supplies for a school of really poor kids in the village of Mpigi, and then yesterday I found out that the kids don't get lunch at the school. So we talked about how much it might cost to feed 400 kids for a month. Believe it or not, it will cost just $40 to feed them for a month! So we're going to do it! What a great feeling.

In other super cool news, David found a supplier for ebony from northern Uganda which is a total answer to prayer. Currently we buy our ebony in Vancouver and ship it to Uganda. It originally comes from Gabon in west Africa, and is sold into Spain, then it comes to Canada, then back to Africa. We'll be saving $ in so many ways - and have faster, more reliable (is anything in Africa reliable?), access to our raw materials. Totally a great day.

Earlier this week we built a makeshift spray booth here at the warehouse in Port Kells. It looks terrible, but it allows us to touch up the guitars without waiting for a sunny day to spray on.

So things are moving forward. I am just pumped about the lunches for the kids though. So cool.

2 comments:

kurusound said...

I just created this account, so I could say how amazing the things you guys are doing.

I'm a University student on Ontario, with a huge interest in the art of guitar building, and I'm slowly building my first acoustic.

I've taken a part time job, just so I can save up for a Duncan Africa OM.

Keep it up, guys.

Anonymous said...

love the picture you put up with this post...