Thursday, December 17, 2009




Hi Again
I thought I'd take a day out to talk about our friends in Mpigi. I could talk for hours about these guys, but I'll limit it to a few minutes as this is the internet and your attention span is almost done, if you're anything like me.

In these pics, we have our first full class of guys and girls - in no particular order; Kasozi Paul, Ssebira David, Mwesige David, Mukasa Isaac, Kawuki Benon, Daniel, Muhawe Benon, Pastor Alice, Tom, Elijah, Hakim, and I`m forgetting a couple. David and Isaac were my first two students from a year before this pic was taken. The school`s name, `Suubi`, means `hope`in the countries main language, Lugandan.

An interesting thing about the locals - they reverse the letters `L`and `R`when speaking, and often in writing too. This makes for some funny conversations....

The second pic is Mwesige David and his daughter Godsweet. On my second trip to Uganda, I met Godsweet when she was just a few months old. Now she`s three and a total handful. She now has a baby sister named Dolvens. Someday, our baby Noah will run and play with these kids. What an amazing thought...

The last pic is our school sign. Uganda is a funny place. All you need to be accepted as a `real`school is a sign. Oh, and a stamp - I almost forgot about the stamp. Once you have a stamp and a messy signature, they take you really seriously.

OK. Signing off. We finished prepping a guitar today. An OM-SRi. A beautiful guitar. Tomorrow we finish an OM-CR. Upwards and onwards!

No comments: