Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Home At Last, Home At Last


The students at Suubi.

Such a short trip - so much time spent in the airports. Remind me never, ever to do that again. Uganda to Ethiopia, to Dubai, to London, waited for 12 hours, flew to Boston, slept in the worst airport ever for 12 hours, to Dallas, and finally home to Vancouver.

I thought it was going to be an adventure, but it turns out I'm not really up for that kind of adventure. I also caught an African flu the day before I left and its turned into bronchitis. Yuch.

In London I met a man who also runs a trade school or something in India. He was a US Navy Seal until he retired a few years ago. He studies Buddhism but wouldn't go so far as to call himself a Buddhist - interesting. He said that Buddhism is being embraced by the untouchables caste in India because it frees them from the clutches of the caste system and Hinduism. I was amazed because I thought thats exactly what Jesus was doing in India too.

Somehow, I think Jesus freedom is way better than Buddhas'.

Anyways. I'm glad to be back, but we have a lot of work to do. We need power for our school, and we fell behind in paying our electricity bill - so they have cut off the power. Help?

No comments: